Did you know only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing (Source: HubSpot)?
With a growing emphasis on using content as a tool to reach and engage today’s digital consumer, it’s imperative that your strategy is actually working to yield favorable results. You invest a lot of time and effort into your content…let’s make sure it's achieving the outcomes you’re looking for in your inbound marketing.
#1 Repurpose Your Content
Content repurposing was a top priority for 2016 and continues to be relevant today. By converting your popular or evergreen blog posts into various content formats, you significantly expand your reach and influence online. You’ll appeal to different learning preferences and have the ability to share your content on multiple platforms.
Visit your Google analytics (or HubSpot dashboard) and discover your most trafficked blog articles. Use the following checklist to repurpose that content to increase exposure and brand awareness:
- Share your content on video then upload it to your YouTube channel, social media channels, and share with your email list
- Create an infographic by hiring a designer on Fiverr or creating your own at Canva. Infographics perform well on social networks like Pinterest and can be used as a separate blog post
- Take major highlights on your blog and convert into tweets. Be sure to include the link back to the original article
- Host a webinar sharing the content. Webinars are excellent platforms to position your brand as an authority in your niche while delivering amazing value to your audience
- Post the slides from your webinar to SlideShare to boost exposure
- Go live on social media sharing your content. Facebook Live and Instagram Stories are driving crazy engagement from followers so use these tools to your advantage
#2 Syndicate Your Articles
Have you ever read a popular blog post only to discover the same article on another content site? That’s because of content syndication. It’s a genius strategy to sharing your value-rich content on other platforms to increase backlinks, exposure, and traffic.
Content syndication is working smarter with your content marketing because it brings new eyeballs to your post from the search engines and encourages social shares.
Popular platforms where you can easily begin sharing your content include Medium, Business2Community, Outbrain, and Zemanta. Medium is the perfect site to start as it simply requires creating an account and posting your article.
#3 Audit Your Content
At the heart of any effective inbound strategy is testing and analyzing your content to ensure that it’s producing the results you desire. It’s not enough to simply publish content and hope it generates engagement. You want to give your audience what they want. Reviewing your analytics and asking important questions helps you stay on target with your content marketing.
Here are a few questions you can ask to test the effectiveness of your content and improve your strategy:
- What keywords are visitors using to find my content from search?
- How many leads are we generating from our post?
- How much engagement are we creating from social (i.e. likes, shares, comments)?
- Which content type is read the most (i.e. blog articles, videos, etc.)?
- Which content type actually drives the most shares?
- How long are readers staying on my page (what’s the bounce rate)?
Using these simple yet highly effective tactics in your content marketing will help increase brand awareness, boost engagement from your audience, and position you to drive traffic and leads from your content. Implement them in your strategy and begin experiencing favorable results from your efforts.
Ready to amplify your content marketing to get in front of your desired audience, attract quality leads and drive sales? Reach out to us here and let’s chat!
Until next time,